Transportation - Euroconference 2005, Saarbrücken 2 to 6 May 2005
Getting to Saarbrücken
- By Road
- Saarbrücken lies directly on the Autobahn A6 from Mannheim to Paris.
- By Air
- There is regular air service between Saarbrücken and Berlin, Hamburg, Luxemburg and Munich.
The Saarbrücken airport is about 15 km from the city;
A taxi from the airport to Saarbrücken costs about 25 EUR.
Bus service is available but infrequent.
- Other airports for international and domestic flights are:
• Frankfurt/Main — frequent connections to Saarbrücken direct by rail
• Frankfurt/Hahn — regular shuttle bus service Saarbrucken - Hahn
• Luxemburg — regular shuttle bus service Saarbrücken - Luxemburg
- Airport 'Limousine' services are also available between Saarbrücken and all airports.
- By Rail
- Saarbrücken lies on one of the main rail lines between Germany and Paris and is has generally good rail connections.
- Rail schedules are available from the Deutsche Bahn
- By Water
- It's possible but probably not practical for the Euroconference – for information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Transportation in Saarbrücken
|All conference hotels are located within easy walking distance or a short bus ride
of the conference venue, Saarland Museum, Modern Gallery|
The conference hotels all lie directly on or very close to bus or tram routes.
Saarbrücken and the surrounding region is served by a well developed bus and tram system.
Service in most areas is frequent and regular. Individual tickets can be purchased at any
automatic ticket machine or in the bus or tram; a 3-day ticket for 9,00 EUR or a one-week pass
for 12,80 EUR can also be purchased.
• Information on the Saarbrücken bus and tram system is available here.
• Regional bus service information is available here.